The Athletic Department is proud to be a part of Amador County Unified School District and equally proud of those who represent the District. At Jackson Junior High School we have a volunteer sports program. Each sport beginning, is pending us having a volunteer coach. Parents may sign-up to coach in the office. All volunteers must be approved through the district office, prior to coaching.
In order to participate in athletics at Jackson Junior High students will:
- Conduct myself at all times in a sportsmanlike manner.
- Contact my coach as soon as possible by telephone or in person if I must miss practice.
- Not participate on any outside team while competing for a school team in adherence of CIF Section 600 & 601 (same sport during season).
- Not smoke or be in possession of tobacco at any school activity (home or away), including snuff and chew.
- Not unlawfully possess, use, or be under the influence of any controlled substance or paraphernalia as defined in the Health and Safety Codes, Sections 11007 and 11014.5, alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant of any kind (see Education Code 48000C.)
- Not unlawfully offer or arrange or negotiate to sell any controlled substance as defined above, alcoholic beverage or intoxicant of any kind, and then sell, deliver or otherwise furnish to any person another liquid substance or material and represent same as a controlled substance, alcoholic beverage or intoxicant (see Education Code 48900D.)
- Not conduct myself in a manner that reflects discredit on my school as determined by my school administration.
- Not exceed district truancy standards.
- After having quit a sport, I will not participate in practices, games, or another sport until the season of the sport I quit is over.
- Maintain a 2.00 GPA with only one F allowed during the sport season.
- Be a student in good standing and of good citizenship at the school.
Jackson Junior High provides a number of extracurricular sport activities including:
- Girl’s Basketball in the Fall
- Boy’s Basketball in the Winter
- Girl’s Volleyball in the Spring