Jackson Jr. High Athletics
The Athletic Department is proud to be a part of Amador County Unified School District and equally proud of those who represent the District. The Jackson Junior High School Athletics Program is dependent upon volunteer coaches. Parents may sign-up to coach in the office. All volunteers must be approved through the district office prior to coaching.
Available Athletic Activities
Jackson Junior High provides a number of extracurricular sports activities including:
- Girl’s Basketball in the Fall
- Boy’s Basketball in the Winter
- Girl’s Volleyball in the Spring
All Athletic activities are coached by volunteers pre-approved by the school district. Interested in volunteering to coach? Please contact our office for more information.
Participating in Athletics
Jackson Jr. High Athletics Participation Policies
In order to participate in athletics at Jackson Junior High students will:
- Conduct myself at all times in a sportsmanlike manner.
- Contact my coach as soon as possible by telephone or in person if I must miss practice.
- Not participate in any outside team while competing for a school team in adherence of CIF Section 600 & 601 (same sport during the season).
- Not smoke or be in possession of tobacco at any school activity (home or away), including snuff and chew.
- Not unlawfully possess, use, or be under the influence of any controlled substance or paraphernalia as defined in the Health and Safety Codes, Sections 11007 and 11014.5, alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant of any kind (see Education Code 48000C.)
- Not unlawfully offer or arrange or negotiate to sell any controlled substance as defined above, alcoholic beverage or intoxicant of any kind, and then sell, deliver or otherwise furnish to any person another liquid substance or material and represent same as a controlled substance, alcoholic beverage or intoxicant (see Education Code 48900D.)
- Not conduct myself in a manner that reflects discredit on my school as determined by my school administration.
- Not exceed district truancy standards.
- After having quit a sport, I will not participate in practices, games, or another sport until the season of the sport I quit is over.
- Maintain a 2.00 GPA with only one F allowed during the sports season.
- Be a student in good standing and of good citizenship at the school.
Registration Forms and Fees
Question: What forms need to be turned in before a student may try out?
Answer: All students must turn in a registration form prior to participation in any Junior High Athletics tryout or practice.
Question: Do students need to turn in a physical to participate in Junior High Athletics?
Answer: A physical is required for participation in Junior High Athletics.
Question: When is payment for Junior High Athletics due?
Answer: A $50.00 payment for the junior high athletic season is due prior to the first athletic contest of the season.
Eligibility – Grade Status
Question: Are student grades checked to determine student eligibility?
Answer: Yes. Grades are checked at progress report time. A student who is failing a class is ineligible and will not be able to participate for a minimum of one athletic event.
Question: How does a student regain eligibility?
Answer: The student may regain eligibility by providing the coach and athletic director with proof that he has raised the failing grade to a passing grade with a signed progress report from the teacher. The student must still sit out a minimum of one athletic competition.
Please use the below web address to access your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.