Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to welcome you and your student to the 2022-23 school year and share my excitement to be the new Principal at Jackson Junior High. I come to Amador County Unified School District with 16 years of experience as a teacher and administrator at the junior high and high school level. I grew up in Sacramento and taught History in Southern California before becoming an administrator. Most recently I was the 5-12 grade Principal in Darby, Montana. I am excited to get to know all of our students and will work to make sure that Jackson Junior High is a safe learning environment for all students.
As we start a new year I want to remind students and parents of a few rules and policies at Jackson Junior High.
- Phones and electronics brought from home must be put away during the school day. Students can take them out and use them at the end of the day.
- Students must “walk their wheels” on campus. Students are not allowed to ride bikes, skateboards, roller blades, etc. on campus.
- Dress Code. Students must be dressed appropriately for Junior High School. Students are not allowed to wear clothing that promotes illegal or violent content and their torsos must be covered at school.
- To maintain student safety and eliminate distractions we will not allow deliveries during the school day. Please do not have food delivered to the school.
- August 9 New Student Orientation 9:00AM – 11:30AM
- August 10 First Day of School
- August 23 Back to School Night 6:00PM – 7:30PM
- August 25 and 26 Picture days
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-257-5740.